FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-30-2008, 01:43 AM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"
 
Default gecko-mediaplayer?

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 18:05 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> I installed F9 and was trying to listen to my favorite radio station
> but I couldn't find mplayerplug-in. Some of you said to get
> gecko-mediaplayer instead. I downloaded it with no problems and it
> shows up in the plugins list but it doesn't work. There is also a
> Mozplugger at the top that appears not to be configured properly.
>
>
> MozPlugger 1.10.1 handles QuickTime and Windows Media Player Plugin
> File name: nswrapper_32_32.mozplugger.so
> MozPlugger version 1.10.1, written by Fredrik Hübinette, Louis
> Bavoil and Peter Leese.
> For documentation on how to configure mozplugger, check the
> man page. (type man mozplugger)
> Configuration file:
> Not found!
> Helper binary:
> Not found!
> Controller binary:
> Not found!
> It lists al the mime types below this and they are all enabled. Any
> ideas where to start trying to figure out why it doesn't work?

Try removing mozplugger. I don't have it and am not sure it's necessary
(plus it's apparently not configured correctly). Since it's at the top
of the plugin list it might be interfering with gecko-mediaplayer.

poc

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Knute Johnson
 
Default gecko-mediaplayer?

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 18:05 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:

I installed F9 and was trying to listen to my favorite radio station
but I couldn't find mplayerplug-in. Some of you said to get
gecko-mediaplayer instead. I downloaded it with no problems and it
shows up in the plugins list but it doesn't work. There is also a
Mozplugger at the top that appears not to be configured properly.


MozPlugger 1.10.1 handles QuickTime and Windows Media Player Plugin
File name: nswrapper_32_32.mozplugger.so
MozPlugger version 1.10.1, written by Fredrik Hübinette, Louis
Bavoil and Peter Leese.
For documentation on how to configure mozplugger, check the
man page. (type man mozplugger)
Configuration file:

Not found!
Helper binary:
Not found!
Controller binary:
Not found!
It lists al the mime types below this and they are all enabled. Any
ideas where to start trying to figure out why it doesn't work?


Try removing mozplugger. I don't have it and am not sure it's necessary
(plus it's apparently not configured correctly). Since it's at the top
of the plugin list it might be interfering with gecko-mediaplayer.

poc



Thanks, I'll try that.

--

Knute Johnson
linux@www.knutejohnson.com

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Aaron Konstam
 
Default gecko-mediaplayer?

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 18:05 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> I installed F9 and was trying to listen to my favorite radio station
> but I couldn't find mplayerplug-in. Some of you said to get
> gecko-mediaplayer instead. I downloaded it with no problems and it
> shows up in the plugins list but it doesn't work. There is also a
> Mozplugger at the top that appears not to be configured properly.
>
>
> MozPlugger 1.10.1 handles QuickTime and Windows Media Player Plugin
> File name: nswrapper_32_32.mozplugger.so
> MozPlugger version 1.10.1, written by Fredrik Hübinette, Louis
> Bavoil and Peter Leese.
> For documentation on how to configure mozplugger, check the
> man page. (type man mozplugger)
> Configuration file:
> Not found!
> Helper binary:
> Not found!
> Controller binary:
> Not found!
> It lists al the mime types below this and they are all enabled. Any
> ideas where to start trying to figure out why it doesn't work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> knute...
Using mozplugger or mozpluggerrc is a completely different way to get
your firefox to recognize file-types than using plugins in:
/usr/lib/mozilla/pluggins or /usr/lib/firefox.../plugins or for that
matter using Firefox:Edit->Preferences->Content-> Manage

These alternate ways to accomplish the same thing is one of the
confusing things about firefox.
--
================================================== =====================
I had pancake makeup for brunch!
================================================== =====================
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Knute Johnson
 
Default gecko-mediaplayer?

Knute Johnson wrote:

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Try removing mozplugger. I don't have it and am not sure it's necessary
(plus it's apparently not configured correctly). Since it's at the top
of the plugin list it might be interfering with gecko-mediaplayer.

poc



Thanks, I'll try that.



I removed mozplugger and I'm closer but not working yet. The player
loads and it starts but the reports stopped almost immediately. Below
is the output from firefox -debug. Any further ideas greatly appreciated.


Thanks,

knute...

[knute@radio ~]$ firefox -debug
DBUS connection created
Listening to path /control/59883
ARG: type = application/x-mplayer2
ARG: name = MediaPlayer1
ARG: src =
ARG: id = Player
ARG: autostart = 1
ARG: showcontrols = 0
ARG: height = 240
ARG: width = 320
JS playState issued
DBUS connection created
Listening to path /control/43998
ARG: type = application/x-mplayer2
ARG: pluginspage = http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/
ARG: name = MediaPlayer1
ARG: uimode = mini
ARG: src =
http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/streaming_new/genasx.php?ua=e18c0fbf628f42982fe784bd256fcb52
ARG: url =
http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/streaming_new/genasx.php?ua=e18c0fbf628f42982fe784bd256fcb52

ARG: animationatstart = false
ARG: transparentatstart = true
ARG: autostart = 1
ARG: showcontrols = 1
ARG: showstatusbar = 1
ARG: height = 64
ARG: width = 300
opening /tmp/geckofNDJbP for localcache
Entering list_parse_qt localsize = 933
unable to find rmda in /tmp/geckofNDJbP
Entering list_parse_asx localsize = 933
Item
src =
http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/streaming_new/genasx.php?ua=e18c0fbf628f42982fe784bd256fcb52

local = /tmp/geckofNDJbP
id = 1
play = 0
path =
controlid = 0
playerready = 0
newwindow = 0
cancelled = 0
streaming = 0
loop = 0
loopcount = 0
Item
src =
mms://a464.l1977112463.c19771.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/464/19771/v0001/reflector:12463?auth=caEdOdTaocKcDcedQbUcUahb.aVaS bgcoce-biqdLT-4q-LO2V4_7puFEqo2ICtjCsyp&aifp=1234&CPROG=SIMULCAST&M ARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&MNM=1&NG_FORMAT=talk&NG_ID=kfi640am&OR_NEWSFORM AT=&REQUESTOR=KFI-AM&SERVER_NAME=wwwkfi640com&SITE_ID=616&STATION_ID =KFI-AM

local =
id = 100
play = 1
path =
controlid = 0
playerready = 0
newwindow = 0
cancelled = 0
streaming = 1
loop = 0
loopcount = 0
Item
src =
mms://a465.l1977112464.c19771.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/465/19771/v0001/reflector:12464?auth=caEbSadbIaAa9c7bFaFbPbvd6b8b7 ccaBdy-biqdLT-4q-PL0W4_7nmFJon1DBokwuEq&aifp=1234&CPROG=SIMULCAST&M ARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&MNM=1&NG_FORMAT=talk&NG_ID=kfi640am&OR_NEWSFORM AT=&REQUESTOR=KFI-AM&SERVER_NAME=wwwkfi640com&SITE_ID=616&STATION_ID =KFI-AM

local =
id = 100
play = 1
path =
controlid = 0
playerready = 0
newwindow = 0
cancelled = 0
streaming = 1
loop = 0
loopcount = 0
Exiting list_parse_asx
Entering list_parse_qml localsize = 933
Item
src =
http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/streaming_new/genasx.php?ua=e18c0fbf628f42982fe784bd256fcb52

local = /tmp/geckofNDJbP
id = 1
play = 0
path =
controlid = 0
playerready = 0
newwindow = 0
cancelled = 0
streaming = 0
loop = 0
loopcount = 0
Item
src =
mms://a464.l1977112463.c19771.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/464/19771/v0001/reflector:12463?auth=caEdOdTaocKcDcedQbUcUahb.aVaS bgcoce-biqdLT-4q-LO2V4_7puFEqo2ICtjCsyp&aifp=1234&CPROG=SIMULCAST&M ARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&MNM=1&NG_FORMAT=talk&NG_ID=kfi640am&OR_NEWSFORM AT=&REQUESTOR=KFI-AM&SERVER_NAME=wwwkfi640com&SITE_ID=616&STATION_ID =KFI-AM

local =
id = 100
play = 1
path =
controlid = 0
playerready = 0
newwindow = 0
cancelled = 0
streaming = 1
loop = 0
loopcount = 0
Item
src =
mms://a465.l1977112464.c19771.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/465/19771/v0001/reflector:12464?auth=caEbSadbIaAa9c7bFaFbPbvd6b8b7 ccaBdy-biqdLT-4q-PL0W4_7nmFJon1DBokwuEq&aifp=1234&CPROG=SIMULCAST&M ARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&MNM=1&NG_FORMAT=talk&NG_ID=kfi640am&OR_NEWSFORM AT=&REQUESTOR=KFI-AM&SERVER_NAME=wwwkfi640com&SITE_ID=616&STATION_ID =KFI-AM

local =
id = 100
play = 1
path =
controlid = 0
playerready = 0
newwindow = 0
cancelled = 0
streaming = 1
loop = 0
loopcount = 0
Exiting list_parse_qml
Exiting destroy stream reason = 1 for
http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/streaming_new/genasx.php?ua=e18c0fbf628f42982fe784bd256fcb52



--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Aaron Konstam
 
Default gecko-mediaplayer?

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 10:41 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:


Knute Johnson wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> Try removing mozplugger. I don't have it and am not sure it's necessary
>> (plus it's apparently not configured correctly). Since it's at the top
>> of the plugin list it might be interfering with gecko-mediaplayer.
>>
>> poc


Ok, you are having real problems and it is time to get serious about your problem. What do* mean about mozplugger being on top of your plugin list? Please tell me again what media you are trying to play?



Now do this. Open firefox and go to: about:config.

Change the configuration:

browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extentions from true to false.

Now I have never tried this on firefox in F9 but it is worth trying.

Now under Edit->preferences->content there should be something on the bottom half of the

page (Manage in earlier firefoxes) which when clicked on will allow you to choose what program or plugin will be used for each kind of mime.type. That might help you solve your problem.


>>
>
> Thanks, I'll try that.
>

I removed mozplugger and I'm closer but not working yet. The player
loads and it starts but the reports stopped almost immediately. Below
is the output from firefox -debug. Any further ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

knute...







-- ================================================== ===================== Only God can make random selections. ================================================== ===================== Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net





--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-31-2008, 12:12 AM
"Kevin J. Cummings"
 
Default gecko-mediaplayer?

Aaron Konstam wrote:


Now do this. Open firefox and go to: about:config.
Change the configuration:
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extentions from true to false.
Now I have never tried this on firefox in F9 but it is worth trying.
Now under Edit->preferences->content there should be something on the


Look like the correct location in Firefox 3.0b5 is now:
Edit->Preferences->Applications


bottom half of the
page (Manage in earlier firefoxes) which when clicked on will allow you
to choose what program or plugin will be used for each kind of
mime.type. That might help you solve your problem.


--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@rcn.com
cummings@kjchome.homeip.net
cummings@kjc386.framingham.ma.us
Registered Linux User #1232 (http://counter.li.org)

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org