Old 05-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Marcelo Garcia

Default Network card not starting with boot

Hi Mikkel

I think you are right. I disabled "network manager" [1] but didn't
enable "network".

Thanks

Marcelo

[1] System-> Administration -> Network Device Control -> Configure ->
Network Configuration

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Marcelo Garcia wrote:

Hi.

I installed Fedora 9 and I having a problem with to start my network
card when the computer starts.

The computer is a Dell Precision 450 and the network card is "Intel
82545 EM Gigabit Ether."

More details bellow. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening?

Thanks

Marcelo

What run level are you booting to? I know on F8, if you boot to run
level 5 (GUI login), that the NetworkManager service is started
instead of the network service. The problem is that Network Manager
does not bring up the network interface(s) until you log in. If F9 is
working the same way, you can change the it so the network service
runs instead of NetworkManager. (The services GUI will let you do this.)

Mikkel