Old 05-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Marcelo Garcia

Default Network card not starting with boot

Hi.

I installed Fedora 9 and I having a problem with to start my network
card when the computer starts.

The computer is a Dell Precision 450 and the network card is "Intel
82545 EM Gigabit Ether."

More details bellow. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening?

Thanks

Marcelo

# Intel Corporation 82545EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST=xxxxxxxx
HWADDR=xxxxxxxxxx
IPADDR=xxxxxxxxxxx
NETMASK=255.255.254.0
NETWORK=xxxxxxxxxx
ONBOOT=yes
DNS1=xxxxxxx
DNS2=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SEARCH="bla bla"
NM_CONTROLLED=no
GATEWAY=xxxxxxxxxxx
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=yes
IPV6INIT=no

Old 05-29-2008, 02:25 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Marcelo Garcia wrote:

Hi.

I installed Fedora 9 and I having a problem with to start my network
card when the computer starts.

The computer is a Dell Precision 450 and the network card is "Intel
82545 EM Gigabit Ether."

More details bellow. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening?

Thanks

Marcelo

What run level are you booting to? I know on F8, if you boot to run
level 5 (GUI login), that the NetworkManager service is started
instead of the network service. The problem is that Network Manager
does not bring up the network interface(s) until you log in. If F9
is working the same way, you can change the it so the network
service runs instead of NetworkManager. (The services GUI will let
you do this.)

Mikkel