Old 05-29-2008, 04:11 AM
Knute Johnson

Default What happened to mplayerplug-in?

I loaded F9 yesterday and I was setting up my computer and wanted to
listen to my favorite radio station. So I installed the livna repo and
went looking for mplayer and the mplayerplug-in. There doesn't appear
to be a mplayerplug-in any more. Anybody know what's up with that?
Does it have something to do with the mozplugger?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson
linux@www.knutejohnson.com

Old 05-29-2008, 04:45 AM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

Knute Johnson wrote:
I loaded F9 yesterday and I was setting up my computer and wanted to
listen to my favorite radio station. So I installed the livna repo and
went looking for mplayer and the mplayerplug-in. There doesn't appear
to be a mplayerplug-in any more. Anybody know what's up with that? Does
it have something to do with the mozplugger?

It was just discussed earlier this week. Look for gecko-mediaplayer
instead of mplayerplug-in

Thanks,

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@rcn.com

Old 05-29-2008, 04:46 AM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 21:11 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> I loaded F9 yesterday and I was setting up my computer and wanted to
> listen to my favorite radio station. So I installed the livna repo and
> went looking for mplayer and the mplayerplug-in. There doesn't appear
> to be a mplayerplug-in any more. Anybody know what's up with that?
> Does it have something to do with the mozplugger?

It's been replaced by gecko-mediaplayer.

poc