Old 05-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Srikanth Konjarla

Default Updated NVIDIA Driver 173.14.05

Does this mean that it would work with Fedora 9 without having to
backout to older version of Xorg?

Thanks

Srikanth

Old 05-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Endy

Srikanth Konjarla wrote:

Does this mean that it would work with Fedora 9 without having to
backout to older version of Xorg?

Thanks

Srikanth

Yes, I just got it running on my machine without any problems. glxgears
is a little bit slower than on earlier drivers, but it is a beta.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
"Christopher A. Williams"

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 11:04 -0700, Endy wrote:
> Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
> > http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113919
> >
> > Does this mean that it would work with Fedora 9 without having to
> > backout to older version of Xorg?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Srikanth
> >
> Yes, I just got it running on my machine without any problems. glxgears
> is a little bit slower than on earlier drivers, but it is a beta.

Good news indeed! I think I will still wait - for the sake of
convenience - until Livna catches up with their packages.

Nice to know someone got the rock to at least budge a little...

Cheers,

Chris

Old 05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Srikanth Konjarla wrote:

Does this mean that it would work with Fedora 9 without having to
backout to older version of Xorg?

Thanks

Yes. Refer

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/F9Common#Proprietary_.28third-party.29_video_drivers

Rahul

Old 06-02-2008, 02:04 PM
TNWestTex

Srikanth Konjarla-2 wrote:

> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113919
>
> Does this mean that it would work with Fedora 9 without having to
> backout to older version of Xorg?

Good for you guys. I'm still waiting for the Legacy driver for my RIVA
TNT9, Geforce2 MX 100/200.

Robert McBroom

Old 06-02-2008, 04:05 PM
linuxguy

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 07:04 -0700, TNWestTex wrote:

> Srikanth Konjarla-2 wrote:
> >
> > http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113919
> >
> > Does this mean that it would work with Fedora 9 without having to
> > backout to older version of Xorg?
> >

> Good for you guys. I'm still waiting for the Legacy driver for my RIVA
> TNT9, Geforce2 MX 100/200.

Unfortunately I still can't run with dual monitors using the new NVIDIA
driver. It runs fine with a single monitor but the computer freezes
after logging in (when X starts ?) with the new NVIDIA driver. :Sad:

Old 06-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Srikanth Konjarla

I have used livna and got the NVIDIA driver working. However, the laptop
screen brightness does not work. Anybody got this working?

Thanks

Srikanth

Old 06-02-2008, 04:51 PM
"Marc Ferguson"

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Srikanth Konjarla wrote:

Does this mean that it would work with Fedora 9 without having to backout to older version of Xorg?

Thanks

Yes. Refer

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/F9Common#Proprietary_.28third-party.29_video_drivers

Rahul

Funny; it's been the total opposite for me.* I couldn't get Livna to work, in regards to my video games.* I would tend to install nVidia's drivers directly from their site.* The only quirk is ever time there is a kernel update my drivers go out to lunch and I'd have to reinstall them (no biggie though).* I actually just installed these drivers yesterday - works perfect.

--
Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.." -Rev1:4

Old 06-03-2008, 05:38 AM
Ralf Corsepius

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 09:16 -0700, Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
> I have used livna and got the NVIDIA driver working. However, the laptop
> screen brightness does not work. Anybody got this working?

I have very mixed results with livna's Nvidia rpm.

On one machine (w/ GeForce 8600 GT), it worked out-of-box with a couple
of problems[1], on another machine (GeForce FX Go5200) so far, I haven't
been able to make it working[2].

Ralf

[1] I am observing "distorted redraws" in Firefox (so far, in no other
application). Looks like non-initialized memory related to
doublebuffering similar, in firefox to me.

[2] W/ "AIGLX" enabled, the X server starts and seems to run, but all I
am seeing is a black screen. Switching AIGLX off brings life to the
desktop.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
das

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 07:38:17 +0200
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@freenet.de> wrote:

> I have very mixed results with livna's Nvidia rpm.

I am missing something here: can anyone please explain, if the Nvidia
driver is available, what is the livna rpm? What is the difference
between these two?

--
das
ddts.randomink.org