Old 05-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Thomas Kappelmueller

Default UUID and Cryptluks-Partitions

Hello!

I'm having problems using UUIDs and crypted harddrives in Fedora 8.

I have a few harddisks in my server crypted with cryptsetup. No LVM.
(Harddisk<->crypto device<->filesystem)

"cryptsetup luksUUID <device>" returns an UUID.
"blkid" shows all the UUIDs for the crypted harddisks.

When i do a "ls -la /dev/disk/by-uuid/" I don't get the UUIDs for the
crypted harddisks, and i can't mount them with UUID. (I need/want this
because some of the disks are changed around for backups)

Is it a problem if i set the links manually?

Additionally cryptsetup doesn't get along with UUID yet (with luksOpen),
but that shouldn't matter when i just use the path (/dev/disk/by-uuid...).

Thanks for any help in advance

-Tom