Old 05-28-2008, 09:52 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

Default I want them...

I looked at new Fedora wiki page -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Main_Page and first thing that i
notices were gorgeous echo icons! Please, please, pretty please
replace gnome menu icons with beautiful echo icons.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 05-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 11:52 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I looked at new Fedora wiki page -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Main_Page and first thing that i
> notices were gorgeous echo icons! Please, please, pretty please
> replace gnome menu icons with beautiful echo icons.
>
> Cheers,
> Valent.

yum install echo-icon-theme

But really, what gets in is not decided on what people want there
(though influenced by it), but on what people are willing to work on -
and in case of echo icons there are currently only two of us actively
working on it (plus Nicu put together a nice tutorial [1], and it would
be great if he helped in the future as well). So if you want that that
badly, feel free to promote the Echo icon creation to new contributors.
You don't need art skills to do that ;-)

Thanks,
Martin

http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2008/05/echo-icons-tips-guides-and-grids.html

Old 05-29-2008, 09:30 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

2008/5/28 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 11:52 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> I looked at new Fedora wiki page -
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Main_Page and first thing that i
>> notices were gorgeous echo icons! Please, please, pretty please
>> replace gnome menu icons with beautiful echo icons.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Valent.
>>
> yum install echo-icon-theme
>
> But really, what gets in is not decided on what people want there
> (though influenced by it), but on what people are willing to work on -
> and in case of echo icons there are currently only two of us actively
> working on it (plus Nicu put together a nice tutorial [1], and it would
> be great if he helped in the future as well). So if you want that that
> badly, feel free to promote the Echo icon creation to new contributors.
> You don't need art skills to do that ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

> http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2008/05/echo-icons-tips-guides-and-grids.html

Great advice! I will do that. Thank you.

Cheers,
Valent.