Old 05-28-2008, 09:32 AM
"Rohan Kulkarni"

Default sound and video problems with fedora 9

Hello everyone,
I did a fresh installation of Fedora 9 on my Acer Aspire 4720 laptop.
However, there are several sound and video issues. Whenever I start
any video the monitor becomes dim and also the sound starts after
sometime. The sound works only if I connect an external
speaker/headphone to the system.I removed pulseaudio and also created
a new file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base with a line options snd-hda-intel
model="acer" but still it does not work.I have installed KDE 4.0.Here
the sound settings in System Settings shows that my sound card driver
is disabled or not installed.How do I get my sound and video working?