Old 05-28-2008, 04:36 AM
Victor Sira

Default Network Manager grays out wireless option

Running Fedora 9, not sure why the behaviour in subject happens. I know the system can see my wlan0 interface based on dmesg and ifconfig wlan0. But Network Manager decides to disable wireless without giving me the option to re-enable it again. Much like if it'd think that no wireless devices is available.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

--victor

Old 05-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Mogens Kjaer

Victor Sira wrote:

Running Fedora 9, not sure why the behaviour in subject happens. I
know the system can see my wlan0 interface based on dmesg and
ifconfig wlan0. But Network Manager decides to disable wireless
without giving me the option to re-enable it again. Much like if it'd
think that no wireless devices is available.

Check the logfile when the driver for the wireless
NIC loads. Any complaints about missing firmware?

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk