Old 05-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Mike Wright

Default apache with php with mysql

Hi all,

I've done a minimal install and have been using yum (drinking the
kool-aid to pull in the additional packages I need.

I've installed httpd, php, php-mysql, mysql, mysql-server, verified that
the apache module libphp5.so exists, then made a simple php web script
to display "phpinfo()". It reports that it was compiled without mysql
support.

I've used "yum whatprovides" to find all the other pieces but I haven't
a clue as to what to search for on this one.

Anybody know which package will provide mysql support to libphp5.so?

Thanks in advance,
:m)

Old 05-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Steven Stern

Mike Wright wrote:

Hi all,

I've done a minimal install and have been using yum (drinking the
kool-aid to pull in the additional packages I need.

I've installed httpd, php, php-mysql, mysql, mysql-server, verified that
the apache module libphp5.so exists, then made a simple php web script
to display "phpinfo()". It reports that it was compiled without mysql
support.

I've used "yum whatprovides" to find all the other pieces but I haven't
a clue as to what to search for on this one.

Anybody know which package will provide mysql support to libphp5.so?

Thanks in advance,
:m)

Doesn't matter. It will work.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:07 AM
"David C. Chipman"

Hi Mike,

Scroll down the page generated by php_info(), and you
should see a reference to "MySQL Support | enabled". Just because it
wasn't included in the run of the configure script when php was compiled
doesn't matter. Enjoy!

-David Chipman