Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Jonathan Allen

Default CUPS not right

Hi All,

OK, so I have upgraded one machine on our network to F9. Generally
OK, but printing is a problem. The printers are all hosted on an FC6
machine, shared to the whole LAN. When the machine was FC4 is saw
and could use all the printers without any trouble. Now the machine
is F9, with no other changes, it can't see any of the shared printers.
No errors logged on the server; the client shows:

localhost - - [27/May/2008:18:42:09 +0100] "POST / HTTP/1.1"
200 289 CUPS-Get-Printers client-error-not-found

Any idea how to get my printers back?

Jonathan

Old 05-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Jonathan Dieter

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 18:52 +0100, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> OK, so I have upgraded one machine on our network to F9. Generally
> OK, but printing is a problem. The printers are all hosted on an FC6
> machine, shared to the whole LAN. When the machine was FC4 is saw
> and could use all the printers without any trouble. Now the machine
> is F9, with no other changes, it can't see any of the shared printers.
> No errors logged on the server; the client shows:
>
> localhost - - [27/May/2008:18:42:09 +0100] "POST / HTTP/1.1"
> 200 289 CUPS-Get-Printers client-error-not-found
>
> Any idea how to get my printers back?

Make sure the Network Printing port is open in the firewall. And note
that turning off the firewall in F9 doesn't seem to actually turn it
off.

Jonathan

Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Jonathan Allen

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 09:17:24PM +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:

> Make sure the Network Printing port is open in the firewall. And note
> that turning off the firewall in F9 doesn't seem to actually turn it
> off.

Spot on - that fixed it. Thank you!

Jonathan