Old 05-27-2008, 03:43 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Default PGP signatures.

I wish people sign their messages using PGP would make sure to
upload their public key to one of the key servers. While it does not
prove you are who you say you are, it would indicate that all the
signed messages are from the same person. Without your public key,
we have no way to check.

Mikkel

Old 05-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Mike Chambers

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 10:43 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> I wish people sign their messages using PGP would make sure to
> upload their public key to one of the key servers. While it does not
> prove you are who you say you are, it would indicate that all the
> signed messages are from the same person. Without your public key,
> we have no way to check.

Accoring to evo (Unless it's not pointing to a correct place), yours
isn't public neither :P

gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: Signature made Tue 27 May 2008 10:43:15 AM CDT using DSA key ID
6DC9C8C4

Mike Chambers
mikec302@fedoraproject.org

Old 05-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Dennis Gilmore

On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 10:43 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > I wish people sign their messages using PGP would make sure to
> > upload their public key to one of the key servers. While it does not
> > prove you are who you say you are, it would indicate that all the
> > signed messages are from the same person. Without your public key,
> > we have no way to check.
>
> Accoring to evo (Unless it's not pointing to a correct place), yours
> isn't public neither :P
>
> gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
> gpg: Signature made Tue 27 May 2008 10:43:15 AM CDT using DSA key ID
> 6DC9C8C4
> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found

kmail says it cant be found either

Dennis

Old 05-27-2008, 04:37 PM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

Dennis Gilmore wrote:

I wish people sign their messages using PGP would make sure to
upload their public key to one of the key servers. While it does not
prove you are who you say you are, it would indicate that all the
signed messages are from the same person. Without your public key,
we have no way to check.

Accoring to evo (Unless it's not pointing to a correct place), yours
isn't public neither :P

gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: Signature made Tue 27 May 2008 10:43:15 AM CDT using DSA key ID
6DC9C8C4

kmail says it cant be found either

Surprising. Enigmail told me it was an "UNTRUSTED Good Signature from
Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Dennis

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@rcn.com

Old 05-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Les

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 11:31 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 10:43 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > > I wish people sign their messages using PGP would make sure to
> > > upload their public key to one of the key servers. While it does not
> > > prove you are who you say you are, it would indicate that all the
> > > signed messages are from the same person. Without your public key,
> > > we have no way to check.
> >
> > Accoring to evo (Unless it's not pointing to a correct place), yours
> > isn't public neither :P
> >
> > gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
> > gpg: Signature made Tue 27 May 2008 10:43:15 AM CDT using DSA key ID
> > 6DC9C8C4
> > gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>
> kmail says it cant be found either
>

> Dennis
Evolution doesn't find yours either.
Regards,
Les H

Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Mike Chambers wrote:

I wish people sign their messages using PGP would make sure to
upload their public key to one of the key servers. While it does not
prove you are who you say you are, it would indicate that all the
signed messages are from the same person. Without your public key,
we have no way to check.

Accoring to evo (Unless it's not pointing to a correct place), yours
isn't public neither :P

gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: Signature made Tue 27 May 2008 10:43:15 AM CDT using DSA key ID
6DC9C8C4

That is strange - It was sent a few years ago, as well as being
published on my web page.

Mikkel

Old 05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 12:37 -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> >> Accoring to evo (Unless it's not pointing to a correct place), yours
> >> isn't public neither :P
> >>
> >> gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
> >> gpg: Signature made Tue 27 May 2008 10:43:15 AM CDT using DSA key ID
> >> 6DC9C8C4
> >> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
> >
> > kmail says it cant be found either
>
> Surprising. Enigmail told me it was an "UNTRUSTED Good Signature from
> Mikkel L. Ellertson"

"Untrusted" just means you haven't decided to trust it. You probably
need the gpg command line to do that (can't remember as I haven't used
Enigmail in a while).

poc

Old 05-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Todd Zullinger

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Mike Chambers wrote:
>> Accoring to evo (Unless it's not pointing to a correct place),
>> yours isn't public neither :P
>>
>> gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
>> gpg: Signature made Tue 27 May 2008 10:43:15 AM CDT using DSA key ID 6DC9C8C4
>> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>
> kmail says it cant be found either

Do you guys have "keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve" in
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf? (Or do evo and kmail ignore gpg.conf and retrieve
keys automatically regarless?)

Also, what keyserver are you using? The gnupg default these days is
subkeys.pgp.net, which finds Mikkel's key no problem. Trying with
pgp.mit.edu (which many people still use despite it being broken with
subkeys and not support photo-packets) finds the key as well, but a
bit slower.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Les

I have a fresh load of f8, and it uses subkeys.gpg.net apparently by
default.
It also has autosearch turned on to the same location using ldap.

Regards,

Old 05-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Anne Wilson

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 17:31:34 Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 10:43 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > > I wish people sign their messages using PGP would make sure to
> > > upload their public key to one of the key servers. While it does not
> > > prove you are who you say you are, it would indicate that all the
> > > signed messages are from the same person. Without your public key,
> > > we have no way to check.
> >
> > Accoring to evo (Unless it's not pointing to a correct place), yours
> > isn't public neither :P
> >
> > gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
> > gpg: Signature made Tue 27 May 2008 10:43:15 AM CDT using DSA key ID
> > 6DC9C8C4
> > gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>
> kmail says it cant be found either

Oh?

Message was signed by mikkel@Infinity-ltd.com (Key ID: 0xA9B42B556DC9C8C4).
The signature is valid, but the key's validity is unknown.

Anne