Old 05-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Brian Millett

Default dbmmanage, where is it?

I need the dbmmanage that is part of the httpd package, but when I looked for it, it can
not be found.

I'm using f8, httpd-2.2.8-1.fc8

It is referenced in the manual, but not part of the distribution

[bpm]$ rpm -ql httpd-manual | grep -i dbm
/var/www/manual/mod/mod_authn_dbm.html
/var/www/manual/mod/mod_authz_dbm.html
/var/www/manual/programs/dbmmanage.html
/var/www/manual/programs/htdbm.html
/var/www/manual/programs/httxt2dbm.html

[bpm]$ rpm -ql httpd | grep -i dbm
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_authn_dbm.so
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_authz_dbm.so
/usr/sbin/httxt2dbm

????

I just checked the httpd.spec from the httpd-2.2.8-1.fc8.src.rpm and see the following:

# Remove unpackaged files
rm -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_libdir}/*.exp
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/httpd/conf/mime.types
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_libdir}/httpd/modules/*.exp
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_libdir}/httpd/build/config.nice
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_bindir}/ap?-config
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_sbindir}/{checkgid,dbmmanage,envvars*}
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{contentdir}/htdocs/*
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_mandir}/man1/dbmmanage.*
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{contentdir}/cgi-bin/*

WHY IS IT REMOVED???

Is the functionality supplied in a different program?

--
Brian Millett - [ Londo, "The Gathering"]
"I suppose there'll be a war now, hmm? All that running around and