Old 05-27-2008, 02:18 PM

Default Package naming convention question

Why do we continue to see "fc9" and "fc10" in package names? I thought
"Core" was deprecated in Fedora 8 and gone with the integration of
'Extras' et al into Fedora 9's 'Everything'.

--Doc Savage
Fairview Heights, IL

Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 PM
"Bill Crawford"

2008/5/27 <dsavage@peaknet.net>:
> Why do we continue to see "fc9" and "fc10" in package names? I thought
> "Core" was deprecated in Fedora 8 and gone with the integration of
> 'Extras' et al into Fedora 9's 'Everything'.

Because "f8" < "fc7" )

Old 05-27-2008, 02:39 PM
"Mustafa Qasim"

Bill Crawford <billcrawford1970@gmail.com> wrote:

Because "f8" < "fc7" )

So, does it mean we'll carry on it on permanent bases?
Mustafa Qasim
Lahore, Pakistan

Registered Linux User# 441709.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Ralf Corsepius

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 19:39 +0500, Mustafa Qasim wrote:

> Bill Crawford <billcrawford1970@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Because "f8" < "fc7" )
>

> So, does it mean we'll carry on it on permanent bases?
Very likely, because the "c" in "fc" now stands for "collection".

Ralf