Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo

Default Weird scrambled fonts

Morning.

Some of my fonts looks weirdly scrambled:

http://www.padep.org.bo/fonts/

Why could that be? freetype-freworld?

Thanks in advance...
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar@padep.org.bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962

Old 06-12-2008, 05:01 AM
Eric Brunson

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo wrote:
Morning.

Some of my fonts looks weirdly scrambled:

http://www.padep.org.bo/fonts/

Why could that be? freetype-freworld?

I noticed it both with and without freetype-freeworld. We're discussing
it on FedoraForum and trying to find a common thread. I see it on three
machines, all are using kmod-nvidia from livna as well as another user
on the forum, are you?

Thanks in advance...
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar@padep.org.bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962
"Das Fernsehen ist eine Infektion der Seele."
- Federico Fellini

Old 06-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo

Am Mittwoch, den 11.06.2008, 23:01 -0600 schrieb Eric Brunson:
> Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo wrote:
> > Morning.
> >
> > Some of my fonts looks weirdly scrambled:
> >
> > http://www.padep.org.bo/fonts/
> >
> > Why could that be? freetype-freworld?
> >

> I noticed it both with and without freetype-freeworld. We're discussing
> it on FedoraForum and trying to find a common thread. I see it on three
> machines, all are using kmod-nvidia from livna as well as another user
> on the forum, are you?

I made some tests, and concluded this behavior appears ONLY when using
monochrome fonts, with nvidia and nv drivers, please see:

http://www.padep.org.bo/fonts/config.png

I tried my tests with "nvidia" driver and with "nv".

I see the scrambling on the only PC with NVIDIA I have. Currently Im not
using kmod-nvidia, but nv (I think its the nouveau driver), and can see
this behavior. Please see http://www.padep.org.bo/fonts/abiword2.png
which I took today, with this xorg.conf:

# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf|grep -v "^$"
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Default Layout"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection
Section "Files"
ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection
Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AIGLX" "on"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
# keyboard added by rhpxl
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbVariant" "intl"
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "nv"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Videocard0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection
Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

# lsmod|grep nv

# rpm -qa|grep nv
gnome-python2-canvas-2.22.0-2.fc9.i386
NetworkManager-openvpn-0.7.0-10.svn3632.fc9.i386
libgnomecanvas-2.20.1.1-2.fc9.i386
libgnomecanvasmm26-2.22.0-1.fc9.i386
openvpn-2.1-0.25.rc7.fc9.i386
libgnomecanvas-devel-2.20.1.1-2.fc9.i386
xorg-x11-drv-nv-2.1.8-1.fc9.i386

Eric, thanks a lot. Please refer to my reply in the forum if you need.

Best regards!