Old 05-27-2008, 11:48 AM
"Wong Kwok-hon"

Default How to let normal user to use webcam ?

Hello,

After I installed the webcam. Only root can use the Webcam.
How to make the normal user to use it ?

Thanks...

Best Regards,
Wong Kwok Hon

Old 05-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Bill Davidsen

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:

Hello,

After I installed the webcam. Only root can use the Webcam.
How to make the normal user to use it ?

The usual way is to change the group of the camera (chgrp), change the
group access on the device (chmod g+rw), and add the user to the camera
group (vigr). Wasn't that easy?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>