Old 05-27-2008, 12:34 AM

Default Fc 7 installs- not Fc 8

After formatting the HD, I tried to install Fc 8 by a DVD, but failed.I was able to do it with Fc 7 (a DVD).

Why it is so.

Ramachandran

Stay informed, get connected and more with AOL on your phone.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Dave Stevens

Quoting ramachandranc1@aim.com:

> After formatting the HD, I tried to install Fc 8 by a DVD, but failed.I was
> able to do it with Fc 7 (a DVD).
>
> Why it is so.
> Ramachandran

please explain the error message when the install failed.

Dave

--
In the world?s anti-Bush zones it is fashionable to regard him as an imperialist
redneck of limited intellectual capacities. -- George Ross in Le Monde Diplomatique

Old 05-27-2008, 12:44 AM

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 20:34 -0400, ramachandranc1@aim.com wrote:
> After formatting the HD, I tried to install Fc 8 by a DVD, but
> failed.I was able to do it with Fc 7 (a DVD).

format during or before install?

what failed where?

[before, during, after] [format, install, reboot]???

> Why it is so.

it does happen.

--

tc,hago.

.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:08 AM

05/27/2008 08:21 AM -- ramachandranc1@aim.com wrote:
> HD was formatted and the install process was started.The error message in
> the case of Fc8 was that there was no operating system.
>
> Fc 7 installed without any hitch.

and,,,
this error message appeared when? which? where?

as in what part of install? ai, no operating system to install?
or,
during reboot? ai, no operating system to boot?

long and short of it, aka, in other words,

terse is for command line input, detail is for obtaining help.

no grafix screen capture please. ;0)

btw, pxd. i tried an install to disk of 'f9-pre-kde'. i had a good
laugh when i tried to boot it and 3 - 4 lines after 'boot menu wipe',
last line was no operating system found. sure enough, when i booted
f8 and check 'f9-pre-kde' partition, sure enough, nothing at all...

installation congratulated me too,
and all that other happy feeling stuff.

t4, excuse my delay. had to rebuild and chop out f8 to get back on.

later.

- --

tc,hago.

.