Old 11-30-2007, 10:03 PM
David Boles

Default pb with openpgp and thunderbird

François Patte wrote:
> Bonsoir,
>
> I got a problem with thunderbird and openpgp: I cannot read any messages
> sent by myself and signed with pgp enabled.
>
> details:
>
> 1- I send a test message to myself, with pgp signature: I cannot read
> it, tb is stuck and I have to kill it.
>
> problem occurs even if I send the message with another mail editor (mutt
> for instance).
>
> 2- I send some message to someone and sign it. I cannot read the reply.
>
> Problem does not seem to occur if I disable pgp.
>

> does anyone have a clue?
>
> running fc6 with thunderbird-2.0.0.9-1.fc7.i386
>
> pb was there with thunderbird-1.5 from fc6, that's why I upgraded to f7
> thunderbird.
>
> Thanks for any help.

There have been many changes. Have you updated the extension? The
enigmail extension for later 2.0 Thunderbird(s) says support starts with
TB 2.0. It says nothing about TB 1.5.
--

David

Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

François Patte wrote:
> Bonsoir,
>
> I got a problem with thunderbird and openpgp: I cannot read any messages
> sent by myself and signed with pgp enabled.
>
> details:
>
> 1- I send a test message to myself, with pgp signature: I cannot read
> it, tb is stuck and I have to kill it.
>
> problem occurs even if I send the message with another mail editor (mutt
> for instance).
>
> 2- I send some message to someone and sign it. I cannot read the reply.
>
> Problem does not seem to occur if I disable pgp.
>

> does anyone have a clue?
>
> running fc6 with thunderbird-2.0.0.9-1.fc7.i386
>
> pb was there with thunderbird-1.5 from fc6, that's why I upgraded to f7
> thunderbird.
>
> Thanks for any help.

One thing to check is if you left lock files behind when you killed
Thunderbird. They will probably be in the ~/.gnupg directory. If
there are lock files, then you will get a freeze while waiting for
the lock file to go away.

Mikkel