Old 05-26-2008, 11:15 PM
"P Jones"

Default Connect to SMB share over openvpn not working

Hi all;

I'm having a lot of trouble getting F9 to connect to a remote SMB
share through an openvpn tunnel. I'm attempting to use the "Connect to
server" feature in the GNOME Places menu. The error I get when first
making the connection attempt is "Can't display location
"smb:///192.168.20.1" No application is registered as handling this
file". This is after starting the tunnel by the way. If I then try to
connect a second time, I get "Can't display location
"smb://192.168.20.1/" Location is already mounted". Some details; in
the Server field of the Connect to Server dialog I enter the IP
address of the server, and the IP addresses of the two networks are
different; my network is 192.168.10.0 and the remote is 192.168.20.0 .
And finally, this all worked in F8.

I'm not sure what to file a bug against, if anyone could advise I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Pete