Old 05-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Beartooth

Default X doesn't start -- PPS

On Mon, 26 May 2008 18:34:12 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
[...]
> If I get away without maxxing out, I'll prune away big obvious
> stuff -- like those ISOs -- and do it again for /btth/.* Then (if I get
> away with that, too) I'll prune some more.
>
> Given success (I hope, I hope), I'm ready to try the biggest
> hammer of all : find a way to wipe one hard drive without taking the
> other, too.

Linux is not just wonderful; it's downright amazing. On this
machine (my #2) it let me get into the gleanings folder, while #1 was
(is!) still downloading, and delete stuff! (Fwiw, having succeeded with
ssh into #1, I did the scp back into #2 from there -- if that matters.)
What's more, I can delete stuff (particularly whole ISOs) faster than the
other machine can pour them in.

This is looking propitious, and then some.

I may yet get F8 back onto that machine -- *with* the files I
don't want to lose ...

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.20, Opera 9.27, Firefox 2.0