Old 05-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Beartooth

Default X doesn't start -- PS

On Mon, 26 May 2008 12:25:19 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
[...]
> If it still doesn't work, check for errors (lines marked EE) in
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

I mentioned just now that the problem machine was reporting
NetworkManager started OK. So I tried to ssh into it, succeeded, did df
on this machine (my #2), finding the hard drive only 50% full -- and
swung the big hammer for all I was worth, without stopping for details
(such as making tarballs, or even omitting ISOs). I did scp -r on all of /
home/btth/*, into a folder I had ready.

If I get away without maxxing out, I'll prune away big obvious
stuff -- like those ISOs -- and do it again for /btth/.* Then (if I get
away with that, too) I'll prune some more.

Given success (I hope, I hope), I'm ready to try the biggest
hammer of all : find a way to wipe one hard drive without taking the
other, too.