Old 05-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Thoralf Polet

Default Vista / Fedora9 - dual boot problem

After successfully installing Fedora 9 everytime I boot Vista for the very first time Fedora refuses to boot with the grub error message #13 "Invalid or unsupported executable format". * I may boot Fedora as often as I like *immediately* after installing Fedora - but the first boot of Vista kills it all. * Grub is placed into MBR, Vista resides in the primary partition (Vista was pre-installed), one hard disk. * Using Fedora 8 before - everything was perfect... * Thanks in advance.

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.

Dem pfiffigeren Posteingang.--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com

Old 05-26-2008, 07:28 PM
"Tom Weniger"

2008/5/26 Thoralf Polet <polet@rocketmail.com>:
> After successfully installing Fedora 9 everytime I boot Vista for the very
> first time Fedora refuses to boot with the grub error message #13 "Invalid
> or unsupported executable format".
>
> I may boot Fedora as often as I like *immediately* after installing Fedora -
> but the first boot of Vista kills it all.
>
> Grub is placed into MBR, Vista resides in the primary partition (Vista was
> pre-installed), one hard disk.
>
> Using Fedora 8 before - everything was perfect...
>
> Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

I set up my F9/vista box by placing grub into the boot partition
instead of the MBR. Then I set the boot flag on the boot partition
using parted. This way I avoid using the 'new' vista boot loader at
all.

--
Virtually,
Tom Weniger