Old 05-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Luc MAIGNAN

Default F9 :: no more task bar

Hi,

without knowing how, I've lost the task bar. So to switch beetween
applications, I have to use the TAB key instead of cliking on the tas
bar ( I use Gnome)

How can I do to restore this bar ?

BR

Old 05-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Tim

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 14:00 +0200, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> without knowing how, I've lost the task bar. So to switch beetween
> applications, I have to use the TAB key instead of cliking on the tas
> bar ( I use Gnome)
>
> How can I do to restore this bar ?

You may have just temporarily killed it. If it doesn't reappear after
logging out and back in again, you might have deleted it. In that case,
click on another "panel" (like the one at the top of the screen) and
pick the "add panel" option. A new one will be created somewhere on
screen, and you can move it to where you want it with the mouse. You
can then add things to it (right-click and pick "add to panel"). The
"window list" is the one that lets you switch between applications in
the clone of how Windows has done it since Win95).

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.15-80.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
fedora

try to restart/re-invoke your window manager: for me it would be:

metacity

and there you are.

suomi