Old 05-26-2008, 07:48 AM
"Mick M."

Default F9 dolphin - view modes change.

Hi;
I like to use the "detailed" view when poking around my system.

dolphin -> view properties ->mode - details.
additional info -> select all.
apply view properties to -> all folders
check "use as default for new folders"

It then goes to "icon view" ?????
click on "details"
select a folder - goes to "icon view"

Also why does the icon view show all the detail I enabled ONLY? in detail view?
Why does it always use "icon view" when I said to use "detail view"?

Having the size in "icon view" is hany, but all the rest is clutter

It seems like I should be able to set details for each type of view.

Where did "preview in" "copy to" "preview in archiver" and "move to" go?

thanks
Mick M.
Death before Decaf!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Anne Wilson

On Monday 26 May 2008 08:48:18 Mick M. wrote:
> Hi;
> I like to use the "detailed" view when poking around my system.
>
> dolphin -> view properties ->mode - details.
> additional info -> select all.
> apply view properties to -> all folders
> check "use as default for new folders"
>
> It then goes to "icon view" ?????

Change to Details, then exit. Opening it will return to Details view.

> click on "details"
> select a folder - goes to "icon view"

That looks like a bug. Please post the bug no. here.

> Also why does the icon view show all the detail I enabled ONLY? in detail
> view?

Again, post a bug, please and post the number here.

> Why does it always use "icon view" when I said to use "detail view"?
>
> Having the size in "icon view" is hany, but all the rest is clutter
>
> It seems like I should be able to set details for each type of view.
>
> Where did "preview in" "copy to" "preview in archiver" and "move to" go?

Probably not yet implemented.

Anne