Old 11-30-2007, 08:41 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default Installing Fedora 8...

Since there is no longer a full-set of iso's for CDs, can I install
the full set using Gnome or Kde Live CD and still be able to
install F8?

Thanks!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:55 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Since there is no longer a full-set of iso's for CDs, can I install
> the full set using Gnome or Kde Live CD and still be able to
> install F8?
>
> Thanks!

Yes. There is a boot option for it, and an install icon on the desktop.

Mikkel

Old 11-30-2007, 09:04 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

>Yes. There is a boot option for it, and an install icon on the desktop.
>
>Mikkel
>--

ok! Thanks!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:26 PM
"Kam Leo"

On Nov 30, 2007 1:41 PM, Daniel B. Thurman <dant@cdkkt.com> wrote:

> Since there is no longer a full-set of iso's for CDs, can I install
> the full set using Gnome or Kde Live CD and still be able to
> install F8?
>
> Thanks!

The best kept secret around, Fedora Unity. These guys (& gals ?) get
no respect. Go here, http://spins.fedoraunity.org/spins , and get your
full set of CDs or DVDs for Fedora 8. Also re-spins of Fedora 7 are
available if you're more conservative and don't want the pointy part
of tthe bleeding edge.