Old 11-30-2007, 08:39 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

Default Fedora software to process "egg" photographs?

My brother has an "egg" lens for his camera: it takes a round 360
degree photograph that must be processed. After the processing, he has
a Java applet that lets one turn around and zoom inside of the 360
degree photo, as if he were standing in the place of the camera.
Besides entertaining, this is useful for photographing real estate
properties. Has Fedora any software that can process these images? I
don't want to attach an example photo to the list, but if need be I
can upload one to a server and provide a link.

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 12-01-2007, 08:36 AM
"Tod Merley"

On Nov 30, 2007 1:39 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> My brother has an "egg" lens for his camera: it takes a round 360
> degree photograph that must be processed. After the processing, he has
> a Java applet that lets one turn around and zoom inside of the 360
> degree photo, as if he were standing in the place of the camera.
> Besides entertaining, this is useful for photographing real estate
> properties. Has Fedora any software that can process these images? I
> don't want to attach an example photo to the list, but if need be I
> can upload one to a server and provide a link.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Hi Dotan Cohen!

Here:

http://www.eggsolution.com/catalog/faq.php?cID=2

I found this statement:

Question # 14. Can I use other visualization software, such as
QuickTime, Live Picture, RealPlayer, or Windows Media Player, to view
EGG photo's?
No, but the advantage to our system is that it is completely developed
in the Java language, allowing it to be viewed with any browser on
multiple platforms (Windows, Macintosh, Linux).

My Firefox has Jave enabled. So do most.

I hope this is helpful!

Cheers,

Tod

Old 12-01-2007, 01:07 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

On 01/12/2007, Tod Merley <todbot88@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 1:39 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My brother has an "egg" lens for his camera: it takes a round 360
> > degree photograph that must be processed. After the processing, he has
> > a Java applet that lets one turn around and zoom inside of the 360
> > degree photo, as if he were standing in the place of the camera.
> > Besides entertaining, this is useful for photographing real estate
> > properties. Has Fedora any software that can process these images? I
> > don't want to attach an example photo to the list, but if need be I
> > can upload one to a server and provide a link.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
> >
> > http://what-is-what.com
> > http://gibberish.co.il
> > א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
> >
> > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> >
> > --
> >
> Hi Dotan Cohen!
>
> Here:
>
> http://www.eggsolution.com/catalog/faq.php?cID=2
>
> I found this statement:
>
> Question # 14. Can I use other visualization software, such as
> QuickTime, Live Picture, RealPlayer, or Windows Media Player, to view
> EGG photo's?
> No, but the advantage to our system is that it is completely developed
> in the Java language, allowing it to be viewed with any browser on
> multiple platforms (Windows, Macintosh, Linux).
>
> My Firefox has Jave enabled. So do most.
>
> I hope this is helpful!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tod

Thank you Tod. I'm not looking for software to view the Java applets.
I'm looking for software that converts the jpegs that came out of the
camera into Java applets that will run on Fedora.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Frank Cox

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:07:32 +0200
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Tod. I'm not looking for software to view the Java applets.
> I'm looking for software that converts the jpegs that came out of the
> camera into Java applets that will run on Fedora.

I don't really understand the question. Do you mean that the outfit that sells
this "egg" thing also sells the processing -- that you must send your photo to
them and they (presumably for a fee) create the completed picture? Sort of
like a photo lab where you send them your film and they return your photos?

And that this is the step you're trying to avoid -- that you want to do this
processing on your own computer instead?

Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Frank Cox

Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Frank Cox

Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Frank Cox

Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Frank Cox

Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Frank Cox

Old 12-01-2007, 03:13 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

On 01/12/2007, Frank Cox <theatre@sasktel.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:07:32 +0200
> Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you Tod. I'm not looking for software to view the Java applets.
> > I'm looking for software that converts the jpegs that came out of the
> > camera into Java applets that will run on Fedora.
>
> I don't really understand the question. Do you mean that the outfit that sells
> this "egg" thing also sells the processing -- that you must send your photo to
> them and they (presumably for a fee) create the completed picture? Sort of
> like a photo lab where you send them your film and they return your photos?
>
> And that this is the step you're trying to avoid -- that you want to do this
> processing on your own computer instead?

No, the picture is processed on a Windows computer with software
provided by the lens manufacturer. I need similar software for Fedora.
This is an example of a photo that comes out of the egg lens:
http://dotancohen.com/images/examples/eggexample.jpg

Here is an example of a processed image that I found on the
manufacturer's website:
http://www.eggsolution.com/common_docs/galleries/photo/realestate/albumhouseca.htm

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com