Old 05-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Geoffrey Leach

Default balsa-2.3.23-1.fc9.i386 is broken

% /usr/bin/balsa
/usr/bin/balsa: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/balsa: undefined symbol:
g_mime_set_user_charsets

rpm for libgmime is installed
balsa-2.3.23-1.fc9.i386

Locally-built balsa works fine, after installation of a host of
dependencies, which should have been handled by the rpm.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:51 PM
"Chris S. Wilson"

Hey Geoff,

I had this same problem on a fresh install just this week, I fixed it by:

[root@server1 ~]# rpm --erase gmime gtkhtml2 libesmtp gtkspell balsa
[root@server1 ~]# yum install balsa

Everything seems to be working fine thereafter.

Chris
--
Chris Wilson
Owner/CoolCat Computers

Old 05-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Geoffrey Leach

On 05/25/08 15:51:05, Chris S. Wilson wrote:
> Hey Geoff,
>
> I had this same problem on a fresh install just this week, I fixed it
> by:
>
> [root@server1 ~]# rpm --erase gmime gtkhtml2 libesmtp gtkspell balsa
> [root@server1 ~]# yum install balsa
>
> Everything seems to be working fine thereafter.
>
> Chris
> --
Thanks, Chris. In my case, it transpired that there was an out-of-date
version of libgmime in /usr/local/lib that was being picked up. (Ready,
Fire, Aim!)