Old 11-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default Users Manual - D810 "missing in action"

Some time ago I made the statement that my Dell Latitude D810 machine
came without a user's manual.
I was jumped on by list members who showed me the web page for the
User's manual.

Well right now I can't find any collection of search words in google to
get me that manual, For example the search terms, "Users Manual Dell
Latitude D810" only get me the service manual.

Can anyone find where the manual is located?

Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Tom Stewart

Anything here [1] of value?

[1] http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd810/en/index.htm

Old 11-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 16:25 -0500, Tom Stewart wrote:
> Anything here [1] of value?
>
> [1] http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd810/en/index.htm
>
> Quoting Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net>:
Well is is closer to the goal so it may be useful. But the User Manual
is a .chm file which cannot be dealt with in Linux. It is frustrating
that the Quick Reference Manual that you can get keeps referring to the
Users Manual. But I will do this under windows and we will see.

Thanks for the web page.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:54 PM
"Donald A. Greene"

Aaron see insert below your statement about the inability to handlr .chm
files in Linux:

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 16:31 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 16:25 -0500, Tom Stewart wrote:
> > Anything here [1] of value?
> >
> > [1] http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd810/en/index.htm
> >
> > Quoting Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net>:
> Well is is closer to the goal so it may be useful. But the User Manual
> is a .chm file which cannot be dealt with in Linux.

I use the xCHM package to deal with .chm files in Linux with no problem