Old 05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Jim

Default ddclient getting internet IP from AP

FC 8
I'm using a 2WIRE783 router/modem AP from AT&T and I want ddclient to
be able to get the Internet IP for my network

so it can forward it to dyndns.com.
The other methods i'm using like "getip.com" and so on is not working, I
think they are shutting me out.

Is there a HowTo someplace to explain howto get it from the AP.

Thanks
Jim

Old 05-25-2008, 03:13 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Jim wrote:

FC 8
I'm using a 2WIRE783 router/modem AP from AT&T and I want ddclient to
be able to get the Internet IP for my network

so it can forward it to dyndns.com.
The other methods i'm using like "getip.com" and so on is not working, I
think they are shutting me out.

Is there a HowTo someplace to explain howto get it from the AP.

Thanks
Jim

You can run ddclient --help or visit
http://ddclient.wiki.sourceforge.net

I am not sure your specific router is supported out of the box, but
there is support for 2wire routers.

If I remember correctly, there was a fair amount of documentation in
the ddclient config file as well. (I have mine trimmed to just what
I need.)

Mikkel

Old 05-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Mike Chambers

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 10:38 -0400, Jim wrote:
> FC 8
> I'm using a 2WIRE783 router/modem AP from AT&T and I want ddclient to
> be able to get the Internet IP for my network
> so it can forward it to dyndns.com.
> The other methods i'm using like "getip.com" and so on is not working, I
> think they are shutting me out.
> Is there a HowTo someplace to explain howto get it from the AP.

Do you use a web page/ip to view/admin your router? If so, what is the
URL to the router that shows your IP that it gets from the modem (the
exact web page)? Put that in your ddclient.conf file where the others
are. Either it's in there and just uncomment it out (changing the info
obviously), or copy how they do it and use the same.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302@fedoraproject.org