Old 05-25-2008, 08:47 AM
"Chris S. Wilson"

Default Problem with NDISWrapper+BCM43XG

Hey Everyone, I just upgraded to Fedora Core 9 and….I
have a Linksys WMP300N and I had no problems with CentOS (had it installed
last) getting my WMP300n (BCM43XG Chipset) to work using the Linksys driver.
Now it doesn’t seem to show up when I do an ifconfig.

*

This is what I’m doing:

*

1)*****
Installed NDIS wrapper

2)*****
Ran ndiswrapper –I bcmwl5.inf from the WMP300N
driver on Linksys.com

3)*****
Modprobe ndiswrapper

4)*****
Ifconfig –a outputs no wlan0, just my Ethernet interfaces
that already existed.

*

In dmesg I just get:

ndiswrapper version 1.52 loaded (smp=yes, preempt=no)

usbcore: registered new interface driver ndiswrapper

*

Could anyone point me in a better direction?

*

Thanks!

*

Chris

Old 05-25-2008, 10:34 PM
"Chris S. Wilson"

Hi, Has anyone had a chance to check out what I'm doing? I'm might be doing
something simply wrong, I've tried other drivers and whatnot, ndiswrapper
seems not to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated . I'm still
working on this/looking for a solution. If I find one I'll post it .

Thanks Guys.

Chris

--
Chris S. Wilson
Owner/CoolCat Computers

Hey Everyone, I just upgraded to Fedora Core 9 and..I have a Linksys WMP300N
and I had no problems with CentOS (had it installed last) getting my WMP300n
(BCM43XG Chipset) to work using the Linksys driver. Now it doesn't seem to
show up when I do an ifconfig.

This is what I'm doing:

1) Installed NDIS wrapper
2) Downloaded Linksys Broadcom 43xg driver from Linksys.com
3) Ran ndiswrapper -I bcmwl5.inf from the WMP300N driver on Linksys.com
4) Modprobe ndiswrapper
5) Ifconfig -a outputs no wlan0, just my Ethernet interfaces that already

Old 05-26-2008, 06:49 PM
"Chris S. Wilson"

I’ve now got ndiswrapper to list
the driver, and list it as installed instead of just “loaded”

*

*

[root@server1 AR]# ndiswrapper
-l

bcmwl5 : driver installed

*

I did a depmod –a; modprobe
ndiswrapper but still have no wlan0 interface, any ideas anyone?

*

Thanks!

Chris

*

--

Chris Wilson

Owner/CoolCat Computers

Joplin, MO. 417-622-4103 / 1-877-283-9760 http://www.coolcatpc.com

BBS: http://bbs.coolcatpc.com

Email: info@coolcatpc.com

*

Old 05-26-2008, 08:59 PM
"Chris S. Wilson"

I’ve found out this is a BCM4231
chipset card, I cant seem to find any information on the forums or anything
about it, does anyone have any wireless resources/forums they could point me
to?

*

I’ve tried ndiswrapper+Linksys driver,
and various bcmwl5 drivers, the b43legacy/xx drivers in linux…everything, no
luck.

*

Please advise,

*