Old 05-25-2008, 07:38 AM
"Marco Guazzone"

Default FC9: low volume on Intel HDA

Hi all,
I've just fresh-installed FC9 x86_64 on my Dell Latitude D830.

It seems the volume of audio of my Intel HDA is lower than the one I had on FC8... Approximately a reduction of 20% (i.e. 100% of FC9 seems to sounds like 80% of FC8).

I check both the general volume and the PulseAudio Volume Control.

Anyone experienced the same problem?

Thank you so much!

Cheers,

-- Marco

Old 05-25-2008, 10:34 PM
stan

Marco Guazzone wrote:

Hi all,
I've just fresh-installed FC9 x86_64 on my Dell Latitude D830.

It seems the volume of audio of my Intel HDA is lower than the one I
had on FC8... Approximately a reduction of 20% (i.e. 100% of FC9 seems
to sounds like 80% of FC8).

I check both the general volume and the PulseAudio Volume Control.

Anyone experienced the same problem?

Thank you so much!

Cheers,

-- Marco
I think there were changes to the volume portions of hda-intel code. If
you are really curious you can ask this question on the alsa-devel list
to see if they will explain it. If you do post there, be sure to run
the script at http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh
and then post the link so that people can see your sound setup. The
script scans your machine and extracts out things relevant for diagnosis
and puts them on a website. It gives you a link to the information that
you can post. That will help them answer. It would have been
interesting to see the difference with Fedora 8 on your machine.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:28 AM
"Marco Guazzone"

I've submitted the problem to the alsa-user mailing list:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=a764c6280805270823s4d16dbbfi 7e64b25ef26047bf%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=alsa-user

Now I hope someone can help me

-- Marco