Old 05-25-2008, 02:52 AM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

Default Thunderbird Thread balloons

Can someone tell me why my thread "balloons" in Thunderbird are messed
up? I now have 2 machines the same way..... Please see attached pic.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@rcn.com

Old 05-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Mike Evans

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Can someone tell me why my thread "balloons" in Thunderbird are messed
up? I now have 2 machines the same way..... Please see attached pic.

Mine have always looked like that - I think! What's the problem? I
have noticed that there's nothing to explicitly collapse or expand all
threads, and it's a real shame that you can't delete an entire thread
easily. The work-around for the first problem seems to be to move to
another mailbox and then back, whereupon all the threads are collapsed.

Mike

Old 05-25-2008, 03:07 PM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

Mike Evans wrote:

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Can someone tell me why my thread "balloons" in Thunderbird are messed
up? I now have 2 machines the same way..... Please see attached pic.

Mine have always looked like that - I think! What's the problem? I
have noticed that there's nothing to explicitly collapse or expand all
threads, and it's a real shame that you can't delete an entire thread
easily. The work-around for the first problem seems to be to move to
another mailbox and then back, whereupon all the threads are collapsed.

Aren't they supposed to look like cartoon conversation balloons? I
*hate* the way the look now. Looks like some extended ASCII art
character or something else. Maybe I'm just used to what it used to be.
If this is the correct behaviour it looks like it is broken. Now that
I think about it, it *does* look like the lines to the right connecting
the threads. Yuck. Just my $0.02

Mike

Old 05-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Ed Greshko

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

Aren't they supposed to look like cartoon conversation balloons? I
*hate* the way the look now. Looks like some extended ASCII art
character or something else. Maybe I'm just used to what it used to be.
If this is the correct behaviour it looks like it is broken. Now that
I think about it, it *does* look like the lines to the right connecting
the threads. Yuck. Just my $0.02

Just use a different theme. I'm using "Modern Modoki" and the balloon is
there.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:54 PM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

Ed Greshko wrote:

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

Aren't they supposed to look like cartoon conversation balloons? I
*hate* the way the look now. Looks like some extended ASCII art
character or something else. Maybe I'm just used to what it used to
be. If this is the correct behaviour it looks like it is broken. Now
that I think about it, it *does* look like the lines to the right
connecting the threads. Yuck. Just my $0.02

Just use a different theme. I'm using "Modern Modoki" and the balloon
is there.

Thank Ed, I wasn't aware I had changed the thunderbird theme I was
using. I'll look into where I can get them from.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Ed Greshko

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Just use a different theme. I'm using "Modern Modoki" and the balloon
is there.

Thank Ed, I wasn't aware I had changed the thunderbird theme I was
using. I'll look into where I can get them from.

I didn't go back and research it....but it is quite possible you didn't
change your theme. It is possible that some folks along the way felt that
the line art better represented threads than a balloon. Some of us just got
attached to the balloon. :-)

Old 05-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Richard England

Mike Evans wrote:

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Can someone tell me why my thread "balloons" in Thunderbird are
messed up? I now have 2 machines the same way..... Please see
attached pic.

Mine have always looked like that - I think! What's the problem? I
have noticed that there's nothing to explicitly collapse or expand all
threads, and it's a real shame that you can't delete an entire thread
easily. The work-around for the first problem seems to be to move to
another mailbox and then back, whereupon all the threads are collapsed.

Mike

Take a look at this site
http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/buttons.php
for at good set of "buttons" that include a way to delete an entire thread.

~~R

Old 05-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Gordon Messmer

Mike Evans wrote:
I have noticed that there's nothing to explicitly collapse or expand
all threads,

View -> Threads -> Expand All Threads or Collapse All Threads.

* and are the shortcut keys for those functions.

and it's a real shame that you can't delete an entire thread easily.

Edit -> Select -> Thread
or:
Control + Shift + A, then delete.