Old 05-25-2008, 12:04 AM
"Mick M."

Default livecd on USB kernel upgrade?

Hello list;
I created and updated a live F9 USB drive on a 2G stick.

[root@localhost ~]# livecd-iso-to-disk --overlay-size-mb 1131 /home/mick/MyDownloads/Fedora-9-i686-Live-KDE.iso /dev/sdc1

Then did a "yum upgrade" in small stages on it.
What I would like to know is how to get the new kernel loaded.

I made the initrd fine.
There is no grub.conf in /boot/grub.
If you hit tab at the boot screen the kernel line looks something like this:
vmlinuz0 initrd0.img root=UUID=XYXYXrw quiet liveimg overlay=UUID=XYXYXY rhgb check

Any ideas?

Mick M.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:25 AM
John Selmys