FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-24-2008, 06:47 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"
 
Default repository for thunderbird

g wrote:
> > change to thunderbird.
>
> > would appreciate a link.
>
> finaly. perserveriance pays off.
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/thunderbird

My only gripe with Thunderbird is that it does not
seem to work with my Exchange 2000 Email server. I
don't think it is the problem with Exchange but if
I am mistaken, I would love to hear about it.

I could not understand why Thunderbird is not able
obtain all of my folders/subfolders. There is this
thing called "Subscribe" but it seems that it is
limited to "Inbox", "Trash" and "Junk". I have
hundreds of folders under my inbox as well as
other things, and IMAP clients DO find them, so
what is the deal with Thunderbird? Is there an
option somewhere that I am missing?

Anyone, please?

Thanks-
Dan

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-24-2008, 06:51 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"
 
Default repository for thunderbird

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> g wrote:
> > > change to thunderbird.
> >
> > > would appreciate a link.
> >
> > finaly. perserveriance pays off.
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/thunderbird
>
> My only gripe with Thunderbird is that it does not
> seem to work with my Exchange 2000 Email server. I
> don't think it is the problem with Exchange but if
> I am mistaken, I would love to hear about it.
>
> I could not understand why Thunderbird is not able
> obtain all of my folders/subfolders. There is this
> thing called "Subscribe" but it seems that it is
> limited to "Inbox", "Trash" and "Junk". I have
> hundreds of folders under my inbox as well as
> other things, and IMAP clients DO find them, so
> what is the deal with Thunderbird? Is there an
> option somewhere that I am missing?
>
> Anyone, please?
>
> Thanks-
> Dan

Ah, I shoulda -kept my mouth shut- and tried harder!

I figured it all out and got Thunderbird to work!
AWESOME!

Dan

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 PM
g
 
Default repository for thunderbird

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 11:47 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> My only gripe with Thunderbird is that it does not
> seem to work with my Exchange 2000 Email server. I
> don't think it is the problem with Exchange but if
> I am mistaken, I would love to hear about it.

get rid of exchange 2000.


> I could not understand why Thunderbird is not able
> obtain all of my folders/sub-folders.

sub folders, preexisting, should get built when tbird opens. that is, if
you create a folder and add a file with same name and .msf extension.

i have been recreating mailboxes and sub-folders with tbird from day 1
that it came out. a little easier than when i used netscape.

> There is this
> thing called "Subscribe" but it seems that it is
> limited to "Inbox", "Trash" and "Junk". I have
> hundreds of folders under my inbox as well as

do not put sub-folders under 'inbox' or any other active box.

create a path name, then build under it.

> Is there an
> option somewhere that I am missing?

just may be. try as above, then post back.


hth.


--

tc,hago.

g
.


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Anne Wilson
 
Default repository for thunderbird

On Saturday 24 May 2008 19:51:26 Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> > g wrote:
> > > > change to thunderbird.
> > > >
> > > > would appreciate a link.
> > >
> > > finaly. perserveriance pays off.
> > >
> > > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/thunderbird
> >
> > My only gripe with Thunderbird is that it does not
> > seem to work with my Exchange 2000 Email server. I
> > don't think it is the problem with Exchange but if
> > I am mistaken, I would love to hear about it.
> >
> > I could not understand why Thunderbird is not able
> > obtain all of my folders/subfolders. There is this
> > thing called "Subscribe" but it seems that it is
> > limited to "Inbox", "Trash" and "Junk". I have
> > hundreds of folders under my inbox as well as
> > other things, and IMAP clients DO find them, so
> > what is the deal with Thunderbird? Is there an
> > option somewhere that I am missing?
> >
> > Anyone, please?
> >
> > Thanks-
> > Dan
>
> Ah, I shoulda -kept my mouth shut- and tried harder!
>
> I figured it all out and got Thunderbird to work!
> AWESOME!
>
But for the sake of those reading the archives you should tell all :-)

Anne


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-24-2008, 06:59 PM
g
 
Default repository for thunderbird

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 11:51 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Ah, I shoulda -kept my mouth shut- and tried harder!

so what did you do?

> I figured it all out and got Thunderbird to work!
> AWESOME!

as in?

--

tc,hago.

g
.


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-24-2008, 07:01 PM
g
 
Default repository for thunderbird

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 19:57 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> But for the sake of those reading the archives you should tell all :-)

hi, anne. i agree with you.

never too old to learn new tricks.


--

tc,hago.

g
.


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-24-2008, 07:09 PM
g
 
Default repository for thunderbird

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 18:45 +0000, g wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 18:27 +0000, g wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 18:06 +0000, g wrote:
> >
> > > change to thunderbird.
> >
> > > would appreciate a link.
> >
> > finaly. perserveriance pays off.
> >
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/thunderbird
>
> actually that just gets you started.
>
>
> true perserveriance gets results. ;o)
>
> this is rpm url;
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/thunderbird/F-8/

i guess i got too excited. above is wrong. going back to check again.

--

tc,hago.

g
.


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-24-2008, 07:24 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"
 
Default repository for thunderbird

g wrote:


On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 11:51 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Ah, I shoulda -kept my mouth shut- and tried harder!

so what did you do?


The configuration I have is too darn long to write it all up here, but
my specific issue what that I was getting a LIMITED subscription list.

Referring to: Edit->Account Settings...->Server Settings->Advanced...
(You have to expand the dialog box - it can be hidden to the right-middle.)

I think I got into trouble when I read somewhere how to define the IMAP
server directory and some (idiot) mentioned to put the GAL definition for
the Exchange server in the "IMAP server directory field". Oh, that'll do it
- it will only allow what I said before: "Inbox", "Junk", and "Trash".

My problem went away, then I cleared out the above field, then unchecked
"Show only subscribed folders", checked "Server supports folders that
contain

sub-folders and messages" and checked "Use IDLE command if the server
supports it". Next, I clicked OK and saved the configuration.

Next, you need to right-click on the account name item in the
left-window-pane,
and select: Subscribe...". Then decide for yourself what
folders/sub-folders want

to see in your left-pane list for that account.

Of course, if you are using exchange as your IMAP server, some of the
applications like Calendar, Journal, Notes (etc.) are not supported by
Thunderbird, but that is ok by me.

I am now happy as a clam!

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-24-2008, 07:26 PM
g
 
Default repository for thunderbird

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 19:09 +0000, g wrote:
> i guess i got too excited. above is wrong. going back to check again.

further reading linked to;

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=47833


--

tc,hago.

g
.


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 05-24-2008, 08:00 PM
g
 
Default repository for thunderbird

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 19:26 +0000, g wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 19:09 +0000, g wrote:
> > i guess i got too excited. above is wrong. going back to check again.
>
> further reading linked to;
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=47833

ok. now i am having problems with download. sits at 'starting', but
never loads.

i am stopping for now, will try later.



--

tc,hago.

g
.



--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org