Old 05-24-2008, 03:45 PM
sean darcy

Default F9: NetworkManager WEP for ATT 2701HG-B 2Wire router??

Fedora 9:

Using ATT dsl, with their 2Wire 2701HG-B router. The bottom of the
router shows a 10-digit number, described in the manual as a WEP "64-bit
Hex value"

The drop down box in the NM "Wireless Network Secrets Required" dialog
only provides for hex in "WEP 40/128", and putting in the 10-digit Hex
doesn't work.

Anybody got this to work?

sean

Old 05-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Timothy Murphy

sean darcy wrote:

> Using ATT dsl, with their 2Wire 2701HG-B router. The bottom of the
> router shows a 10-digit number, described in the manual as a WEP "64-bit
> Hex value"
>
> The drop down box in the NM "Wireless Network Secrets Required" dialog
> only provides for hex in "WEP 40/128", and putting in the 10-digit Hex
> doesn't work.
>
> Anybody got this to work?

I use a 10-digit hex WEP code with NM, and it works fine.
It didn't use to, but it suddenly started working a few weeks ago.
I assumed it was some Fedora update, but never checked -
I was just grateful to find it working!

I'm using an Orinoco Gold PCMCIA card on my ThinkPad T23.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 17:45 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> sean darcy wrote:
>
> > Using ATT dsl, with their 2Wire 2701HG-B router. The bottom of the
> > router shows a 10-digit number, described in the manual as a WEP "64-bit
> > Hex value"
> >
> > The drop down box in the NM "Wireless Network Secrets Required" dialog
> > only provides for hex in "WEP 40/128", and putting in the 10-digit Hex
> > doesn't work.
> >
> > Anybody got this to work?
>
> I use a 10-digit hex WEP code with NM, and it works fine.
> It didn't use to, but it suddenly started working a few weeks ago.
> I assumed it was some Fedora update, but never checked -
> I was just grateful to find it working!
>
> I'm using an Orinoco Gold PCMCIA card on my ThinkPad T23
Generally the nm-applet allows for three formats of passwd. Pass phrase,
hex code and ASCII string.

The AT&T DSL standard is a 10 digit hex code, but this can be changed in
the web interface to the router at 192.168.1.254