Old 05-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Steve Searle

Default Hang at boot time at Freeing unused kerenl memory

i Have a very old machine, an HP Brio Celeron 333 that I use as a test
machine and have always run Fedora on it previously. This had usually
involved fiddling around with kernel parameters, typically acip=force and
xdriver=vesa.

However with Fedora 9 it hangs at "Freeing unused kernel memory" with
these settings. I have tried others, noapic, noprobe, acpi=off and it
doesn't even get this far. Anyone know of anything else I could try.

Thanks

Steve

--

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting a bad thing?

12:30:18 up 1 day, 17:02, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.03, 0.00