Old 05-24-2008, 03:12 AM
Todd N

Default LiveCD and openvpn configs

Hello, * Using the livecd-tools package, I'm trying to build a Live CD that is set up with a working openvpn client.* I have taken what I think are all the config settings for openvpn (from an already existing, configured OS*with a functional openvpn setup), and placed them in /etc/skel in the Live CD's ext3 filesystem.* (I got the configs from /home/<user>/.gconf/system/networking/connections.)* I am also creating a user in the %post section of the pertinent kickstart file. * I would expect that when the Live CD is booted, the user will be created and the openvpn settings will be copied in from /etc/skel to that user's home directory. * On booting the Live CD I create, when first logging into the user's desktop the customized openvpn settings do not seem to be present.* However, if I log out of that user and then log back in,
the settings are there.* Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?* Am I missing some other configurations? * I will be happy to clarify if anyone has any questions on what I am asking - or trying to ask.* :-) * Thanks much, Todd