Old 05-23-2008, 10:24 PM
John Priddy

Default Sun java plugin on FC9 x64 (with 32 bit firefox)

Has anyone been able to get this to work on FC9 x64?

I have installed jre-6u6-linux-i586.bin, then overwrote various binaries
from jre-6u6-linux-x64.bin. Then using yum I removed 64 bit firefox,
installed 32, and then linked
/usr/java/jre1.6.0_06/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so in
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins . I load up firefox, and i see it under
aboutlugins. But no matter what java applet I try to use with it, it
dumps on itself -- Am I missing some other required libraries here?

Thanks

John