Old 05-23-2008, 08:50 PM
"Dave Burns"

Default Solved: wireless fc8 dell latitude d400

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Dave Burns <tburns@hawaii.edu> wrote:
> Looks like I stumbled upon the answer to my original question about
> where to RTFM: http://fedoramobile.org/Members/MrHappy/getting-started

After following the steps on that page, wifi is now working on the
d400. I thought I had the driver installed, but I only had installed
the tool for extracting the driver. FedoraProject's NetworkManager
page at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager ignores
driver issues. http://fedoramobile.org/Members/MrHappy/getting-started
is the place to start for installing wireless on fedora. Starts at the
beginning, doesn't gloss over any details or assume you already know
something, yet not long-winded. At least, it was perfect for my level
of newbieness. Kudos!

Thanks to Paul, Aaron and James who tossed me some hints. My problem
wasn't anything profound, I had just skipped a step, in typical newbie
fashion.
Dave