Old 05-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Default f9 revisor silently exits - UPDATE PENDING

David L wrote:

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:38 AM, stan <goedigi89__e@cox.net
<mailto:goedigi89__e@cox.net>> wrote:

David L wrote:

I've never used revisor before, so maybe I don't know what to
expect, but when I run revisor in f9, it silently exits. When I try
it on f8, it pops up a gui. Is f9 revisor broken?

David

Brings up the gui on F9 here. I've never used it so I can't say it
works, just that is brings up the gui. Check for message in
/var/log/messages or with dmesg.

dmesg shows nothing. But running revisor with "--debug 8"
showed the problem:

revisor --debug 8
Setting options from configuration file
<snip>...
Setting gui_mode to False (from command line)
<snip>...
Setting cli_mode to False (from command line)
<snip>...
Architecture list: ['athlon', 'i686', 'i586', 'i486', 'i386', 'noarch']

I don't know why it decided to not run in gui mode. This
was a new f9 install updated as of this morning. The only
thing I can think of is that the first time I tried to to run it
from the command line was via a ssh session without display
forwarding. I realized my mistake and forwarded displays
the second time I tried it but the behavior was the same...
did it remember my first attempt and disable the gui?
Or is it non-gui by default in f9?

So... This behavior was caused by the routines detecting the mode.
Instead of falling back to GUI mode it just... failed.

There's an update pending for F9 that solves this problem.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip