Old 05-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Hugh Caley

Default NIS won't bind on startup

ypbind won't seem to start properly for me during bootup. I can restart
it manually once it is up.

The only log error is:

"NIS server for domain aldon is not responding."

I'm not having this problem with earlier Fedoras or RedHats running
around here. The NIS servers are RHEL 4 machines.

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator
Aldon Computer Group

(510) 285-8542 | hughc@aldon.com