Old 05-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Chris Norman

Default Fedora telnet install

Hi All,
I have solved my install problem, and thought I would document them
here.

With a bit of sighted assistants, here's what I found for anyone that
will find them useful:

Boot cd 1, and wait for the cd to start spinning, I kept pressing the up
and down arrow keys to deactivate the timer thing.

What there is is a list of options, the first is to install normally,
and the second is to install with text mode, if you're going to install
with telnet, and no screen like me, this is the one you want.

When the cd has stopped spinning, press the up arrow key a ridiculous
number of times to get to the top of the list, then down once, then
press tab.

Text is already appended to the line, so press space and type your
telnet information, which you can read about on
http://speakupmodified.org.

HTH someone.

--
Chris Norman <chris.norman4@ntlworld.com>