Old 05-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Nicholas Yau

Default omg KDE4 is really not cool!

I have been using kde for many years, this version is really giving a
lot of trouble in the release.

when i am trying to set something in the system setting, in appearance
or in desktop section, after i set something there, logout and try to
login again, i will not be able to do so.

the plasma system tray icon is really a mess, cannot auto reduce by
itself. this version is really a memory hunger, slow respond compare to
fedora 8.

anyone who noticed please help.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Jose Celestino

Words by Nicholas Yau [Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:34:11PM +0800]:
> I have been using kde for many years, this version is really giving a lot
> of trouble in the release.
>
> when i am trying to set something in the system setting, in appearance or
> in desktop section, after i set something there, logout and try to login
> again, i will not be able to do so.
>
> the plasma system tray icon is really a mess, cannot auto reduce by
> itself. this version is really a memory hunger, slow respond compare to
> fedora 8.
>
> anyone who noticed please help.

A lot of people noticed some of the problems you mentioned already. Most
of them are being taken care of and will most certainly be addressed to
version 4.1. In the meantime continue with KDE 3.5 (the best so far
IMHO) or use gnome (it rocks compared to kde4, again IMHO).

--
Jose Celestino | http://japc.uncovering.org/files/japc-pgpkey.asc