Old 05-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Brian Millett

Default phantom libc-client update for f8

I've seen the bugzilla about libc-client, but this is strange. I do not know how to
interpret what I see.

First I check for updates and there are none:

[bpm]$ sudo yum check-update
* atrpms: dl.atrpms.net
* dell-hardware-auto: linux.dell.com
* macromedia: macromedia.rediris.es
* dell-hardware-main: linux.dell.com
* dell-software: linux.dell.com
* fedora: mirror.anl.gov
* adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
* Mono: download.opensuse.org
* updates: mirror.anl.gov
* freshrpms: ftp.au.freshrpms.net
* fusion: techfreaks4u.com
* livna: mirrors.tummy.com
Excluding Packages from ATrpms - Stable
Finished
Excluding Packages from Fedora 8 - i386
Finished
Excluding Packages from RPMForge: Freshrpms
Finished
Reducing Livna for Fedora Core 8 - i386 - Base to included packages only
Finished
0 packages excluded due to repository protections

But then I update and get the Error: Missing Dependency: libc-client.so.2006 is needed by
package php-imap, but what is it trying to do???

[bpm]$ sudo yum update
* atrpms: dl.atrpms.net
* dell-hardware-auto: linux.dell.com
* macromedia: macromedia.rediris.es
* dell-hardware-main: linux.dell.com
* dell-software: linux.dell.com
* fedora: mirror.anl.gov
* adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
* Mono: download.opensuse.org
* updates: mirror.anl.gov
* freshrpms: ftp.au.freshrpms.net
* fusion: techfreaks4u.com
* livna: mirrors.tummy.com
Excluding Packages from ATrpms - Stable
Finished
Excluding Packages from Fedora 8 - i386
Finished
Excluding Packages from RPMForge: Freshrpms
Finished
Reducing Livna for Fedora Core 8 - i386 - Base to included packages only
Finished
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libc-client.so.2006 for package: php-imap
---> Package libc-client.i386 0:2007a1-3.fc8 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libc-client.so.2006 is needed by package php-imap

Where/what/how ???

Thanks
--
Brian Millett - [ President Clark, "Chrysalis"]
"It is important that we move on to create the world that Louis Santiago

Old 05-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 23 May 2008 08:24:21 -0500, Brian Millett wrote:

> I've seen the bugzilla about libc-client, but this is strange. I do not know how to
> interpret what I see.

> But then I update and get the Error: Missing Dependency: libc-client.so.2006 is needed by
> package php-imap, but what is it trying to do???

There has been an incompatible libc-client update, which changed the
library version to 2007. This breaks php-imap and other packages. They
need to be rebuilt. Some of that is tracked in bugzilla.redhat.com
and bugzilla.livna.org

> Where/what/how ???

You need to wait for updates.