Old 05-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Chris Norman

Default Installing fedora

Hi All,
I am visually impared and am trying to install fedora.

I have tried the telnet install and that does not work for some reason.

I waited until the cd had stopped spinning (all the while pressing the f
key to keep the timeout from occurring), cleared the boot line (or what
I assume is the boot line), then typed the following:

linux text telnet ip=192.168.2.73 netmaks=255.255.255.0
gateway=192.168.2.1 ksdevice=link

I only have one ethernet device (on a desktop machine), but thought I'd
include the directive anyways.

The CD spun for a while then stopped, but no ping requests were
returned.

Any ideas why this isn't working?

Also, I used to install with braille, using a braillified installer CD
created by someone from the brltty comunity, but I cannot get in touch
with anyone from brltty, and there is no braillified installer. How
would I go about installing brltty onto a boot disk for fedora, any
ideas?

I booted both from the netinst and disc1 CDs, and nothing has worked.

Cheers for your help.

--
Chris Norman <chris.norman4@ntlworld.com>

Old 05-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Chris Norman

Hi All,
I am visually impared and am trying to install fedora.

I have tried the telnet install and that does not work for some reason.

I waited until the cd had stopped spinning (all the while pressing the f
key to keep the timeout from occurring), cleared the boot line (or what
I assume is the boot line), then typed the following:

linux text telnet ip=192.168.2.73 netmaks=255.255.255.0
gateway=192.168.2.1 ksdevice=link

I only have one ethernet device (on a desktop machine), but thought I'd
include the directive anyways.

The CD spun for a while then stopped, but no ping requests were
returned, and no telnet requests were allowed in, I was met with a long
time out.

I booted from CDs made from both the netinst.iso and the disc1.iso
files.

Any ideas why this isn't working?

Also, I used to install with braille, using a braillified installer CD
created by someone from the brltty comunity, but I cannot get in touch
with anyone from brltty, and there is no braillified installer disk on
their site.

Anyone know how I could go about integrating brltty into a boot disk?
Anyone already done it?

Cheers for all your help.
--
Chris Norman <chris.norman4@ntlworld.com>

Old 05-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 14:08:42 +0100,
Chris Norman <chris.norman4@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am visually impared and am trying to install fedora.

[snip]

> Also, I used to install with braille, using a braillified installer CD
> created by someone from the brltty comunity, but I cannot get in touch
> with anyone from brltty, and there is no braillified installer disk on
> their site.

Would a yum upgrade get you by this time around? If you already have Fedora
installed or can use your previous install disk to install it, you should
be able to use yum to upgrade the system to Fedora 9. There will be some
cleanup, which you wouldn't have with a fresh install, but its not too bad.