Old 05-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Zoltan Boszormenyi

Default LTSP keyboard question in Fedora 9

Hi,

thanks for all the hard work integrating LTSP5 into Fedora.
My son is happy that he has sound on his machine now. :-)

However, I have a problem. How can I set up hungarian keyboard
for LTSP clients? ltsp-build-client created an en_US.UTF-8 client
with US keyboard. I changed these files:

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/sysconfig/i18n:
--------------------------------
LANG="hu_HU.UTF-8"
--------------------------------

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/sysconfig/keyboard:
--------------------------------
KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
KEYTABLE="hu"
--------------------------------

This matches the host that was installed natively with Hungarian settings.
The host was a Fedora 8/x86-64, now upgraded to (not re-installed with)
Fedora 9.

However, it seems only the i18n setting is applied, the X logon screen is
giving me Hungarian messages but still uses the US keyboard.
I can add the keyboard switcher applet inside the clients to switch
to hungarian but I would like to have Hungarian starting from the logon
screen.

How can I do it?

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

Old 05-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Zoltan Boszormenyi

Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:

[...]

Adding XKBLAYOUT=hu to /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf didn't help.
Nor copying this file to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

Old 05-27-2008, 01:17 PM
"max bianco"

2008/5/23 Zoltan Boszormenyi <zboszor@freemail.hu>:
> Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for all the hard work integrating LTSP5 into Fedora.
>> My son is happy that he has sound on his machine now. :-)
>>
>> However, I have a problem. How can I set up hungarian keyboard
>> for LTSP clients? ltsp-build-client created an en_US.UTF-8 client
>> with US keyboard. I changed these files:
>>
>> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/sysconfig/i18n:
>> --------------------------------
>> LANG="hu_HU.UTF-8"
>> --------------------------------
>>
>> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/sysconfig/keyboard:
>> --------------------------------
>> KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
>> KEYTABLE="hu"
>> --------------------------------
>>
>> This matches the host that was installed natively with Hungarian settings.
>> The host was a Fedora 8/x86-64, now upgraded to (not re-installed with)
>> Fedora 9.
>>
>> However, it seems only the i18n setting is applied, the X logon screen is
>> giving me Hungarian messages but still uses the US keyboard.
>> I can add the keyboard switcher applet inside the clients to switch
>> to hungarian but I would like to have Hungarian starting from the logon
>> screen.
>> How can I do it?
>
> Adding XKBLAYOUT=hu to /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf didn't help.
> Nor copying this file to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc.
>
>> Best regards,
>> Zoltán Böszörményi

You may find better responses from people who have more specific
knowledge of LTSP on this page:

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/CommunityPage

I am not really up to date on the status of this project but I think
it just got reintegrated into fedora. I have only played with it
briefly and I am sorry to say I cannot be of more help.

Max