Old 05-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Anne Wilson

Default Troubleshooting yum

I forgot to save the actual message, so I'm quoting from memory. I keep
getting something like

'Not using repom.d. Older than the one I have'

I can't see anything odd about the repo files, so what could be wrong and
where do I look?

Anne

Old 05-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Stuart Sears

Anne Wilson wrote:
I forgot to save the actual message, so I'm quoting from memory. I keep
getting something like

'Not using repom.d. Older than the one I have'

I can't see anything odd about the repo files, so what could be wrong and
where do I look?

I don't think this is an error.

The yum system appears to be checking modification(or possibly creation)
times on remote repomd.xml files for your configured repositories.
This way it will only download new copies if they have changed. Saves
time and bandwidth.

Stuart