Old 11-30-2007, 05:24 PM
"Tom Horsley"

Default Fan runs constantly on (Acer TravelMate 4602WLMi ) Please help me.

> My laptop's fan works almost constantly in Fedora 8.
>
> I've made some search and found this topic:

If this is a new fedora 8 install, the pcscd service is on by default
and the pcscd daemon is busted and runs constantly sucking up as much
cpu as it can get. Perhaps it is the culprit, heating up the cpu and
making the fan need to run?