Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 PM
William Case

Default Grub prettiness -- splashimage ??

Hi;

Not an important question, but grub
splashimagee=(hd1,4)/grub/splash.xpm.gz did catch my attention.

Two questions;
1) At boot time a Fedora 8 image quickly (0.5 seconds or less) flashes
on my screen, then does something in a blank screen; then loads the grub
menu. Can I either remove the quick Fedora 8 flash or extend its life
so it can be read?

2) Just for eye-candy's sake, does anyone know of a better (prettier)
grub menu layout that I might download and replace splash.xpm.gz(??)
with?

--
Regards Bill