Old 05-22-2008, 06:52 PM

Default permissions on flopy in your latest kernel?

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 13:33 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I'm using fdutils-5.5 and dd to do this.

not sure i am following you, but id you need to write images, all you
need is 'dd';

dd of=/dev/fd0 if=fname.image

this should dump what ever image you have to floppy with no other progs
needed.

> But once booted to 2.6.24.7-92, I now get the first error ever out of
> setfdprm:
>
> root@coyote coco3_6309]# setfdprm /dev/fd0 COCO7203.5
> /dev/fd0: Permission denied
> [root@coyote coco3_6309]#

as root and fd0 owned by root, you have problems.

why are you trying to set parameters for fd0?

> So what the heck is going on?

something in wood pile.

--

tc,hago.